1. Download Mycelium Wallet application from Google Play Store or IOS Appstore to your smartphone.
After you open an application, you will be asked a question – see screenshot. If you already have a wallet account (on your old smartphone), press ‘’Restore Backup’’. If you want to create new one, press ‘’Create New’’.
2. If you decided to open a new wallet account, press the 3 dots in the upper right corner. In the dropdown menu press ‘’Backup’’.
3. In next step, you will have to write down 12 words that will be used as your ‘’Backup’’ (see step 1. Restore Backup). After you have written them down, you will have to re-enter them in the application. Afterwards, you will enter the PIN that will be used to enter the wallet.
4. After you have successfully ended the ‘Backup’ process, your “Balance” will be displayed, the status of the amount of bitcoin you own. Below ” Account 1 ” is your wallet address to which you can receive bitcoin, while the corresponding QR code for that address is to the right. The reason it says ”Account 1” is in case you have multiple accounts, which you can manage in ” Accounts ”. To receive bitcoin, press ” Receive ”.
5. Send your address to the sender by allowing him to scan your QR code or copying it by yourself pressing ‘’Copy to Clipboard’’ and paste it to desired location.
6. In the ‘’Transactions’’ menu you can see the list of all your previous transactions.
7. After you receive bitcoin, your balance will change, as in our case for the amount of 0.001 BTC. If you want to send bitcoin, press ‘’Send’’.
8. Enter the amount of bitcoin that you want to send. If you want to send everything you have, click on ” Max ”. ‘Spendable’ shows the maximum amount of bitcoin that you are able to send and if you notice that it is less than our 0.001 BTC. This is due to transaction/mining costs.
9. To send BTC you have to enter the recipient’s wallet address:
a. ”Scan QR Code” – scan recipient’s address QR code
b. ”Clipboard” – If you already copied recipient’s address, by pressing this button you will paste the address
c. ”Manual Entry” – Press this if you wish to manually enter the recipient’s address, which we highly do not recommend due to copying errors when rewriting.
After you have entered recipient’s address, press ‘’Send’’.