Ledger Nano S wallet
Ledger Nano S wallet
1. Download the application ‘’Ledger Live’’ from Ledger’s official webpage https://www.ledger.com/pages/ledger-live to enter the Wallet.
2. Install the application and when you open it, a window will appear as shown in the image below. If you are using Ledger Nano S for the first time, press “Initialize a new Ledger device”.
3. Choose ”Ledger Nano S” and press ”Continue”.
4. Connect the Ledger device to computer using a USB cable. When it turns on, Ledger device will display a welcome message and instructions how to use it. In the Ledger Live application, all setup steps are chronologically written, and you can also follow them along with the FIMA Plus guide. Ledger device and Ledger Live application setup images will be displayed in parallel through FIMA Plus guide.
Press both buttons simultaneously on the Ledger device to begin setting it up.
5. Afterwards, press the right button on the Ledger device to set up a new account.
6. Choose a PIN code containing 4 to 8 numbers by pressing the left button for decreasing numbers, and the right button for increasing numbers. PIN confirmation is done by simultaneously pressing both buttons.
Once you have entered the PIN code, the device will ask you once more to confirm it by re-entering the entire PIN code.
7. In the next step you need to write down 24 words randomly generated by Ledger device, which will serve as an account recovery phrase (VERY IMPORTANT STEP!).
8. Afterwards, you will need to confirm your recovery phrase. Ledger device will offer a number, and you will need to enter the word under that number, e.g. if the number shown is 9, then you will have to change the words on Ledger device until it matches your 9th word you have written.
9. In Ledger Live app, you need to check if all the steps so far have been done correctly and whether your Ledger device is genuine.
10. Set the password for entering the Ledger Live application on your computer. (It is optional, but an additional level of protection is always recommended)
11. It is up to you to decide whether you want to send anonymous data that will help Ledger company for further development of Ledger services. After this step, the Ledger Live application will be ready to use.
12. When you open Ledger Live app, the screen shown below will open. For each cryptocurrency that you want to store on a Ledger Nano S device, you must first install an application for that cryptocurrency on the Ledger device (there is a possibility that applications for cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin and ether are already pre-installed on your new Ledger device and you will receive notification if you try to install them).
Press ‘’Open Manager’’.
13. If the Ledger device is connected to the computer and unlocked, you only need to allow access to the application by pressing the right button on your device.
14. Choose the cryptocurrency you want to store and install its application in the Ledger Live app.
15. You are now ready to add user crypto accounts. Press the plus (+) button on the left side of the screen to add a new account. Select the cryptocurrency for which you intend to create the account, as it is shown in the image below.
16. If the Ledger device is connected to the computer and unlocked, you must open the application on the Ledger device by simultaneously pressing both buttons on the icon of the corresponding cryptocurrency. Then press ‘’Continue’’.
17. Enter the name (in the case shown it is Ethereum 1) for the created account and press “Add account”
18. Now that the account has been created, it is possible to receive and store cryptocurrencies (in the case shown it is ether (ETH)).
To receive cryptocurrencies, press “Receive” and select the account for the specified cryptocurrency you want to receive (Account Ethereum 1 in the case shown). Press ‘’Continue’’.
19. If the Ledger device is connected to the computer and unlocked, you must open the application on the Ledger device by simultaneously pressing the buttons on the icon of the corresponding cryptocurrency (as in step 14). Press ‘’Continue’’.
20. Check whether the addresses displayed on the Ledger Live app and the Ledger Nano S device are equal. If the addresses match, then you are ready to receive cryptocurrency. Confirm the address by pressing the right button on the Ledger device. (Note: make sure you always send the cryptocurrency to the address that is corresponding to that cryptocurrency, for example, send bitcoin to bitcoin address only)
21. To send cryptocurrencies, press “Send” and select the account for the specified cryptocurrency you want to send (Account Ethereum 1 and cryptocurrency ether (ETH) in our case).
In the “Recipient address” field, copy the address to which you want to send the selected cryptocurrency. Enter the amount of cryptocurrency you want to send to the “Amount” field. Change the “Network fee” field depending on the desired transaction speed (higher commission = faster transaction). The automatically selected value of „transaction fee” is satisfactory for the speed of most transactions.
22. If the Ledger device is connected to the computer and unlocked, you must open the application on the Ledger device by simultaneously pressing the buttons on the icon of the corresponding cryptocurrency (as in step 16).
23. Carefully check whether the entered parameters are correct. If everything is correct, press the right button on the Ledger device to confirm transaction. The cryptocurrency transaction has begun, and you should soon see the deposit at the address where the cryptocurrency was sent. The transaction speed depends on the cryptocurrency you are sending. (Note: make sure you always send the cryptocurrency to the address that is corresponding to that cryptocurrency, for example, send bitcoin to bitcoin address only)